This week is all about active recovery! Stay tuned for a blog post about this topic later this week.
Who else is feeling a little overwhelmed with the start of this week? Let’s take a moment for some relaxation today!
This video is designed to follow along to! However you do not need to watch the video to complete this active recovery workout.
Hold each stretch for 1 minute:
- Forward fold trying to get palms on the floor while keeping knees straight (modify using a stool or a book to place your hands on)- this stretch is for the hamstrings and calves
- Samson stretch for the quads with left leg in front and holding your right foot with your right hand
- Hamstring stretch kneeling on the right knee while leaning over your left leg straight in front of you
- Hip flexor stretch (runners stretch) with left leg in front- you can place your hands or elbows on the ground
- Pigeon pose for the piriformis with the left leg in front- you can place your hands or lie on the ground
- Downward dog
- Samson stretch with right leg in front
- Hamstring stretch with right leg in front
- Hip flexor stretch with right leg in front
- Pigeon pose with right foot in front
- Prayer pose centered x20 seconds, to the right x20 seconds, to the left x20 seconds
- Breathe while lying on your back for as long as you need
If you follow along- consider playing music for yourself! Also note my cute cat Lola making a guest appearance throughout the video.
Let us know how it went for you!
Stay fit with a purpose!
-Jordan and Katie